Dr. Dan Dorough
- Dr. Dan Dorough grew up in Sanger, California where his father was Superintendent of Schools for twenty years. After graduating from Sanger High, he went to the University of California at Davis from which he received a B.S. in Biochemistry.
- He graduated from the Medical College of Virginia in 1986 and went on to complete his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at University Medical Center in Fresno.
- Dr. Dorough went into private practice in 1990 with Alfred G. Peters, MD and Donald K. Boehm, MD. He later founded Women’s Specialty Center in 1993 located on the Clovis Community Hospital campus. Dr. Dorough is Board Certified by the American College of OB/GYN.
- Enjoys travel with his family.
- He was also selected as “Best Physician” by his peers.
Dr. David Dorough
- Dr. David Dorough grew up in Sanger, California. He obtained his medical degree from the Medical College of Virginia and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University Medical Center in Fresno.
- He joined Women’s Specialty Center in 1998 and is Board Certified by American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- He and his family enjoy a variety of activities including snow skiing, travel and various outdoor sports.
Dr. Lorenzo Lopez
- Dr. Lorenzo Lopez received his Bachelor of Science Degree from UCLA and his Doctorate Degree from Boston University School of Medicine. He received his specialty training in Obstetrics and Gynecology from the UCSF residency program in Fresno.
- Dr. Lopez is originally from Reedley, California. He has been in private practice since 1999 and is board certified. He joined the Women’s Specialty Center in 2008. Dr. Lopez and his wife, Ammie, have three children.
- Dr. Lopez is supporter of Fresno State Athletics and various women’s charities.
- He is also fluent in Spanish.
Renee Halstead, CNM
- Renee Halstead is a Certified Nurse Midwife and OB-GYN Nurse Practioner. She earned her bachelors of Science in Nursing from California State University Fresno then pursued further eductation at University of California San Diego.
- She graduated from the primary care Nurse Practitioner Program with certificate as an OB-GYN Nurse Practitioner and Certified Nurse Midwife.
- She has been practicing as an OB-GYN NP and board certified Nurse Midwife since 1979 in the Fresno area. She was an attending faculty instructor for the UCSF Fresno Residency Program participating in the medical education of many practicing Fresno/Clovis OB/GYN physicians.
- Renee joined Women’s Specialty Center in 1996. She enjoys a long standing collegial relationship with Dr. Dan Dorough as her primary consulting physician.
- Renee and her husband, Roger, enjoy gourmet cooking, gardening and outdoor pursuits of hiking and exploring the Sierra’s where they maintain a home.
- Renee is bilingual in Spanish.